Advertisement

Saturday, February 13, 2016

I'll Be Presenting "Essential Revit Add-ons" at RTC 2016 NA!

I received word yesterday that my abstract for "Essential Revit Add-ons", a 75 minute presentation, was accepted for the Revit Technology Conference 2016, which will be held in Scottsdale Arizona July 14-16.


It's been awhile since I last attended RTC NA, and not by choice. I attended the first two events, in 2011 and 2012, and presented at the 2012 event.

In 2013, I had another abstract accepted. My co-workers and I were really looking forward to the 2 hour drive from Seattle to Vancouver BC. Road trip! Unfortunately, my then employer, the US Army Corps of Engineers, informed us that we could not attend because the conference was being held in a foreign country! Had to be careful of those Canuckian terrorists I suppose...

From there it got worse. Some federal agency, the GSA I think, got caught in a boondoggle and the US Army suspended all travel to conferences. More accurately, management had to adequately support travel for conferences. In much the same way, I probably could have attended the 2013 event, it likely just required extra effort on management's part...

In any event, I'm glad to be out of that situation and working for a company that supports speaking engagements at industry-related events, and I'm delighted that I'll once again be presenting at and attending RTC NA!

If you're going too, I hope to have opportunities to chat with many Revit Add-ons readers so please, flag me down if you see me. I'll be open to scheduled meetings too. If my presentation is well-received, I plan to resubmit the abstract for subsequent RTC international events, so maybe I'll have opportunities to meet many more of you!

As regards my session, I'm planning to highlight add-ons that would likely benefit most Revit users, including best-in-class applications from major categories like content management and Excel interoperability. I sometimes have pretty strong opinions, but I will be asking for reader input in the form of a survey, so keep an eye out for that. I'll probably reach out to some vendors for presentations on their products too.

Readers can also look forward to my in-depth coverage of Revit add-ons at the event.

I wonder if the wonderful folks at RTC Events Management know how hot it can get in the Phoenix area in mid-July? I don't care if it is a dry heat, when you can smell the dirt baking, it's HOT! Ah well, here's hoping that outdoor functions will be limited to late evening times.

I hope to see you in Scottsdale in July!

Related:

No comments: