Advertisement

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

A Color Picker in Dynamo using the Revit API

From John Pierson's 60 Second Revit blog:

For a long time now I have wanted to look into building a color picker for Dynamo. Primarily because the previous package I utilized, hasn’t been updated for the latest version of Dynamo. This was of course the great UI++ package from the badmonkeys. (This package is awesome by the way. Adam, please update with Konrad’s code ASAP 😃)

After much research and investigation, I stumbled upon this API method in the Revit API.


This was a revelation! Finally I can create a color picker without importing a bunch of Python libraries. Even better is, that this supports Revit color output as well.

I can’t wait to see what people use this for, especially with mandrill and dynamo player.


Have fun!

-johnP



John Pierson's the author of the Rhythm Package for Dynamo. It's free.

There's more information available on the 60 Second Revit blog.

No comments: