About This Version
Version 18.104.22.168, 5/17/2017
- 2018 Compatible
- Node Text Color in Main Object Tree
- Categories that can receive Parts are BLACK
- Categories that cannot receive Parts are GREY
- Status of Levels in 'Filter By Building Level'
- Now displays only levels of models selected in 'Models Being Searched' checklist
- Levels from selected linked models now display (linked) after the level name
- Levels belonging to both the selected current model and selected linked model(s) now display (sync'd)
- Creation History Modes
- The automated Parts Creation History feature can now be managed by selected dates and/or revision entries.
- The parameter with the creation date was Read Only in previous versions. Values can now be edited, giving you full control of managing your Parts creation history. Projects created in prior versions will remain Read Only.
- ‘Document Busy’ alert fixed - After doing SAVEAS, PartsLab would not open and gave an alert stating the document could not be opened.
Revolutionize your Construction Model Workflow! If you manage Revit® construction models, this addin will significantly improve how you directly leverage design model geometry. PCL PartsLab is a free Autodesk® Revit® model browser that automates the creation, visualization, and change management of Revit Parts. Drastically reduce time and clicks by instantly creating thousands of Parts from targeted categories/families/types. Context sensitive tools assist in quick hiding & isolation. The managed history view helps you keep track of when design updates happened, and what changed.
- Supports Autodesk® Revit® 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 (all verticals supported)
- Browse linked model categories/families/types from the aggregated construction model
- Filter model categories/families/types content by Level
- Create thousands of Parts from targeted categories/families/types
- Automatically associates the level of Parts from linked-model objects
- Creates and manages a 3D history view of all Parts created
- Context ribbon tools that Hide/Isolate Parts by original categories/families/types
- Use as investigative tool for Linked model content, shows object counts
- Copy selected family/type definitions from linked models into your current model
Revit Parts are typically used in the construction documentation process when modifications to host objects are required (including linked-model objects) like foundations, floor slabs, walls, concrete columns, concrete beams, structural steel… without actually modifying those host objects in the linked models. Native Revit functionality lets you divide Parts created from walls, floors, and other objects into pours that can be dimensioned, give accurate take-offs & host families like embeds & blockouts. PCL uses this workflow to prevent documentation rework after design model updates, specifically changes within linked design models. Watch our YouTube videos for more information.
|Visualize current model content with Isolate & select that update displayed|
geometry with every click in the content tree
|Find an object’s category/family/type in the content tree by selecting that geometry in the model|
|Investigate current & linked model content, filter content by level, search for specific content names|
|Automated history view helps you track design revisions – see YouTube video|
|Context sensitive Isolate & Hide tools that work specifically with Parts|
Note: This app uses a custom installer (and not the standard App Store installer).
PCL PartsLab is brought to you by PCL Construction. It's free.
This add-in is compatible with Revit 2018, 2017, 2016, and 2015.
There's more information available on the Autodesk App Store.